Attractions Attendant Position
‘We Make Fun Happen’ is not just our motto, it is your job. As an Attraction Attendant you have the most direct interaction with the greatest number of guests. Safety is the most important part of your job. All of our guests are counting on you to make sure Galaxy Fun Park is a safe and fun place for kids and adults alike. You are also responsible for maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and organization. It is a fun job that we need to take seriously.
HOURLY PAY: $8 and up, depending on experience
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- • Greets all guests when they approach the attraction with a smile and fun acknowledgement.
• Assists guest awareness how to use the attraction or game and rules involved in riding.
• Explains the operation of the attraction or game in a way that is fun, safe, and encouraging.
• Keep safety and cleanliness as a top-of-mind issue at all times.
• Make sure all safety rules are being obeyed by our guests, our team, and yourself.
• Assists guests with all special requests or special needs. Let them know we care and want them to have fun.
• Demonstrates the ability and willingness to get along well with guests and team members at all times.
• Demonstrate games and attractions and play along with guests when time permits.
• Follow best practices when dealing with children and parents.
• Maintains uniform standards.
• Follow all procedures regarding safety, special issues and emergencies that may occur while working in your position at Galaxy Fun Park.
• Maintains open communications with management and all departments of scheduled events.
• Communicates with the Supervisor regarding status of gaming and attractions inventory and supplies.
• ‘We Make Fun Happen’ by having fun – Come to work with a good attitude, ready to have fun and make fun happen. Work with your supervisors and managers to develop new ways to ‘make fun happen’ at the games and attractions and with other team members. Always handle any problems or difficult situations with a positive attitude.
• Work with Integrity – Always work with our core values in mind. Listen carefully to your guests, managers and your fellow team members. Always make safety your number one priority. Stay calm under pressure. Do everything possible to make sure every party is a fun and memorable event.
• Attraction Attendant job is a Team Sport – Be a ‘Green Light Team’ Member. Be dependable and reliable for our guests and your fellow team members. Create ‘Green Lights’ for everyone by stopping at ‘Red Lights’. Always work with a positive attitude. Show appreciation to other departments that help you every day.
• Add to the “Out of this World” Factor. Take the time to let them know we care and want them to come back.
- • To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to the satisfaction of Galaxy Fun Park standards.
• The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- • Must be currently enrolled in High School; or
• Certificate or Completion of the High School equivalency test.
• At least 16 years of age or older or permit to work.
• No prior work experience required, but preferred.
- • General knowledge of computers including word processing, scheduling, and spreadsheet applications.
• Able to maintain daily time record on Galaxy Fun Park POS.
- • Ability to read, speak and understand English.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups, guests, team members, and managers of Galaxy Fun Park.
- • Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. These situations may involve team members and guests.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or scheduled form.
- • While performing their duties a Galaxy Fun Park Attraction/Game Room Attendant is regularly required to interact with the general public, team members, and children of various ages.
• Galaxy Fun Park Attraction Attendants will be standing, walking, using hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
• A Galaxy Fun Park Attraction Attendant is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• An Attraction Attendant is required to lift up to 10 pounds and on occasion up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- • While performing the duties of this job Galaxy Fun Park Attraction Attendant is regularly exposed to water, chemicals, food, paper debris, loud noise, music, horns, bells, whistles, and other noise projected by various amusements and recreation equipment operating at Galaxy Fun Park.
• At times a Galaxy Fun Park Attraction Attendant may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
- • Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
• It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.